There are two major problems that most newcomers to ClickBank are completely unaware of.
The good news is that we will solve them easily here and also show you an opportunistic way to profit from this situation.
You can read the full detail in ClickBank's Accounting Policy here but this is the essential bit
ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until the following criteria is met:
* A minimum of 5 sales and
* Sales made with two different payment methods (e.g. Visa, MasterCard, PayPal etc).
What this means is - at the very best - you are going to NEED FIVE SALES BEFORE YOU GET PAID.
Accounts with a positive balance but no earnings for an extended period of time are considered dormant.
Dormant accounts are subject to a charge of
- $1 per pay period after 90 days of inactivity
- $5 per pay period after 180 days of inactivity
- $50 per pay period after 365 days of inactivity.
So you could hit lucky on your first day as an affiliate, earn a big commission (the maximum possible is $150) then wait and wait for at least 4 more sales before you can get hold of your earnings. Meanwhile after 3 months of no sales deductions begin draining your account.
The answer ?
You need obviously to make some sales.
The usual recommendation is to look around at the ClickBank Marketplace, find a cheap product, get your friends or colleagues to purchase it through your hoplink and reimburse them.
However - I'll make this process very easy and inexpensive for you
1. I have prepared a ClickBank product costing just $3 (the minimum that ClickBank allows)
It's just a simple, straightforward sale with no upsells as you can see here
2. I am giving you 75% commission (the maximum that ClickBank allows).
So your effective outlay for a sale is a mere $1.67 (that's $3 less £1.33 commission). You can check with the ClickBank calculator here
3. Now here is your affiliate link
(replace abcdef with your ClickBank id)
4. And here's a sample email you can send your friends (just adjust as you wish)
Subject: Quick favour
Would you be kind enough to make a $3 purchase for me and I will reimburse you ?
You can pay with credit card or Paypal.
The reason for this request is that I need a sale to activate payment of commisions in my Internet Marketing business.
Just click on this link.
Do make sure before you pay that at the bottom of the order form you see [affiliate=abcdef]
Please let me know once you have purchased.
I appreciate your help !
1. You can purchase the product yourself. This does not conflict with any ClickBank rule as the vendor (in this case myself) is happy to allow it. Also you can use multiple credit cards (the number of separate customers is not a factor)
2. Note that you need to meet a payment threshold before you get paid. By default ClickBank sets this at $100. You can lower it if you wish (the minimum is $10) but be aware that $2.50 is deducted for each payment to you.
This must be a ClickBank first.
I am going to show you the $3 product before you purchase it !
The point is of course that the content is not important - the only purpose is that you register an affiliate sale - however it contains some useful ideas for both you and your friend.
Click here to download.
If you have a ClickBank friend in this position they will thank you for pointing them to this page. You won't be able to earn commission from the sale because as you will have seen it is they who will get commission. But it's only a measly 44 cents anyway.
However consider this.
Over 95% of ClickBank affiliates (numbering well over a million) are inactive.
The main reason ?
They made a sale or two and gave up after not getting paid or saw their earnings disappear after going dormant.
Suppose there is an alternative way to tell these vast numbers how to prevent the problems such that you do get a commission.
And it won't be 44 cents - it will be as much as 41 dollars
Yes you read that right. Not $0.44 but $41
And all done simply by pointing them to a free book
Check out ClickBank for Newbies